Zippo & Vector Lighters
Zippo lighters have been around since the 1930's, and it all started at a town right her in Pennsylvania known as Bradford, PA. The creator of Zippo, Mr. Blaisdell, watched a friend struggling to light his Austrian-made lighter as the lighter required the use of two hands to be lit and the thin metal dented easily. However, he noticed the lighter worked well, even in the wind, due to the chimney design surrounding the flame. Mr. Blaisdell decided to reconstruct the Austrian lighter. He designed and fabricated a rough version of the Zippo you love today. The original Zippo was sold for $1.95 and backed by Zippo's lifetime guarantee of "It works or we fix it free." The application for the original Zippo patent was filed on May 17, 1934 and was granted on March 3, 1936.
The name "Zippo" comes from the word "zipper". Mr. Blaisdell liked the sound of the word and formed many variations before settling on "Zippo" which he felt had a modern sound.
Zippo was greatly impacted by WWII. Zippo halted all production of lighters and focused on production for the U.S. Military. This is when they invented the black crackle finish. Millions of soldiers and military personnel carried the lighter daily.
Zippo's come in a wide array of colors and designs. They create everything from Military designs to dragons, sports teams to animal themes, famous musicians and bands to Jack Daniel's. We here at Tobacco Palace carry over 400 different unique Zippos. We have a small collection of vintage Zippo's as well as a selection of collectible and Armor case Zippos. Stop in and check them out today.
WE ENGRAVE MOST ZIPPOS IN STORE.
Zippo now has their own brand of inserts. Make your lighter a single or double torch or a rechargeable arc flame.
Vector is well known for their butane torch lighters. These lighters are excellent for lighting your cigar. They come in single, double, triple and quadruple flames for cigars of any ring guage. Many styles include a cigar punch. All Vector's are refillable and come with a 5 year warranty. If you're looking to entertain while enjoying your cigars Vector offers table top lighters. Their newest addition is the Electron with plasma arc technology.
5 Easy Steps to Refill Your Butane Torch
1. You will want to turn your flame down to a low setting using the flame adjustment wheel or a small screw driver.
2. Next you will want to bleed the lighter by pushing the refill valve until no hissing is heard. It is best to use a small screwdriver or pen tip. Also be sure to hold it in an upside down position to prevent any air from entering the lighter.
3. Shake your can of butane and place the stem of the can around the refill valve. You will want to press on the can for 5 to 10 seconds depending on the size of the lighter. Repeat if necessary.
4. Wait about 5 minutes for the gas to reach room temperature.
5. Last you will want to adjust the height of your flame and fire it up.